When U know you've been in band 2 long!
1. When you hear music and start marking time.
2. When you walk in step with the person in front of you.
3. When you try to guess the tempo of your favorite song.
4. When all of your friends are in band.
5. When you don't mind changing clothes on the bus.
6. When you point out key changes and dynamics while listening to the radio.
7. When you like wearing your uniform.
8. When every guy/girl you're interested in is in the band.
9. When people ask you about your social life and you say, "Oh, you mean my flute/trumpet/drum/etc.?"
10. When you consider your drill book a fashion accessory.
11. When you've had a "trombone-ectomy."
12. When you practice your instrument more than you talk to your dog.
13. When being mauled by a drum is a normal part of life.
14. When people worry when they see you without your instrument.
15. When "armed guard" means a girl with a pole instead of a guy with a gun.
16. When band camp is FUN.
17. When you respond to "band kid."
18. When someone says the word "box" and you automatically put your head up.
19. When you remember flats and sharps more easily than your name.
20. When you dress the lunch line and urge others to do the same.
21. When you're alone and you suffocate because there's no one telling you to breathe.
22. When slides feel normal.
23. When your instrument has a name.
24. When you remember your instrument's birthday and forget your mom's.
25. When making a line is your biggest accomplishment of the day.
26. When marching backwards no longer reminds you of ballet.
27. When you give your instrument a birthday party.
28. When you can make brown shoes look white.
29. When your uniform fits.
30. When black feathers become a fashion "do."
31. When you see your section more than you see your family.
32. When everyone wants to kill the other football team...and you want to kill the other band.
33. When you think evening practices should last a half-hour longer.
34. When you accidentally call you band director "Dad."(That's 4 U Mr. D.!!)
35. When you CAN sight-read.
36. When you can put your uniform on in less than 10 minutes.
37. When reeds taste good.
38. When you think your plume is alive.
39. When marking time is your favorite form of exercise.
40. When you have a neck strap/harness tan line.
41. When you subconsciously start practicing with a pencil.
42. When numbers past 8 aren't important.
43. When you're more opinionated about the Madison Scouts/Phantom Regiment rivalry than Clinton's politics.
44. When you role-step through the cafeteria so you don't spill your lunch.
45. When you'd rather practice than read this list.
46. When letters past G aren't important.
47. When everybody fights like family.
48. When you root for the other football team to lessen the time of your season.
49. When you know everybody else's personal business.
50. When you've practiced so long, the color guard is together.
51. When you have no more secrets.
52. When you don't try to hide the fact that you're in band.
53. When you subconsciously start humming your music.
54. When you know not only your own part, but everyone else's too.
55. When you eat lunch with all of the other band people.
56. When you start to eat lunch in the band room.
57. When you can tell who's in the bathroom by looking at their sneakers under the stall.
58. When you resort to humming your band music to fall asleep.
59. When wide open spaces stir up and urge to march your show.
60. When you have a pin from every competition you've been to.
61. When you friends that aren't in marching band create a group called "non-marchers."
62. When you have 2 instruments junky one
for marching band and a good one for concert band.
63. When dreams of marching are constantly in your head.
64. When you can't go to the movies on weekends with your friends.
65. When you don't see your parents on the weekends.
66. When your free time is spent on homework.
67. When the drummers actually start to make sense.
68. When you wear your band shirt in public.
69. When you have your friends call you to attention before you walk anywhere.
70. When your furniture is dented from banging drumsticks on it.
71. When you remember friends by chair number instead of name.
72. When you don't remember your boy/girlfriend's birthday, but you remember everything from your opener from your sophmore year.
73. When every time you drive by somewhere, you remember a band competition.
74. When you remember the number of every pizza place around a competition.
75. When you can make this list longer.
76. When you get the jokes on this list.